Who wants to be a Beta Tester?

A place to say "hi" and introduce yourself, in case you feel like posting but don't have any questions or problems that fit into the other forums.

Who wants to be a Beta Tester?

Postby worfc » Sun May 31, 2015 10:25 am

Edited to reflect changes in testing, post v1.0

On or about June 9, we'll be opening-up
WoRFC is now open for public Beta testing, and we'd <3 love <3 to have you participate!

All you need to do is:

* Have an iPad running iOS8 or later[1].
* Install TestFlight app[2]. This is the mechanism we use to deliver beta builds.
* Login to TestFlight. This may require you to create an account.
* Create an account on this forum.
* Send a PM to me (WORFC) and tell me the account-name (email) that you used to login to TestFlight.

Once I get the PM, I'll add you to the beta pre-release testing distribution list.

NOTE: Some people have reported difficulty creating an account. Since it has worked for many people, I believe that phpBB (this forum software) is working correctly. Be sure to check your SPAM folder for the account-activation email; that may be where things are getting hung up. I will post more troubleshooting hints here, as I learn more.

Beta Pre-release testing works something like this:

* Every Tuesday so often[3], we upload a build that with new features or bug fixes. Apple reviews it and, a short while later...
* ...You'll get an email from TestFlight saying the build is ready. Open that email on your iPad and press the install button.
* Play, test, explore!
* PLEASE write-up any bugs you find! We have a forum for bug reports.
* Also feel free to make any suggestions you might have. We have a forum for suggestions, too! :)

_____
[1] worfc does not run on the iPhone, it does not run on Android, it does not run on iOS7 or earlier. These things may be added later, if there is sufficient demand. An iPad with iOS8 or later is required.

[2] Download TestFlight in the iTunes app store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testfli ... 47664?mt=8

[3] The game is fairly stable, and maintenance builds are much less frequent then during beta. We still appreciate your testing efforts!
I'll try to upload the new build every Tuesday. Once uploaded, it takes Apple 1-2 days to review before they release it to TestFlight, so you won't get it until Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes (rarely!), I get to a good stoping point a little early, and can upload Monday or even Sunday night. If that happens, you might actually get the build on Tuesday! :)
Posted by WORFC, board admin, moderator, game author.

Please LIKE us on Facebook
You can also follow us on twitter: @roboFarmCraft
Check out the development blog (short updates 1-3x/week.)
worfc
Site Admin

Re: Who wants to be a Beta Tester?

Postby Denis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:58 pm

I'd like to test it, will it run on iOS9 though, it's what I have now on my iPad? If you haven't tested it on iOS 9 I can do that.

Hopefully I can pm you after posting this message. That feature is presently disabled for me because I'm 'too new' :)
Denis

Postby worfc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Hey Dennis, welcome aboard!

No, I have not tested iOS9.

I'll fix the PM thing in about 30 seconds.

worfc
Site Admin

Postby worfc » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:50 am

NOTE: WoRFC is now available in the app store.

You can still join the beta team, if you like. You'll get updates to the app a week or two before the general public, and can test the new features, comment, and help decide the future of robo-farming. :)

(It's ok if you just want to be "a regular customer" and wait until the updates come to the app store, too. Either way, it's all good!)

worfc
Site Admin

Return to Introduce yourself